Essex Young Poet of the Year competition
Essex Young Poet Of The Year Competition Rules
Essex Young Poet Of The Year Competition,
70 Longstomps Ave,
Categories: Four Age Groups: 7 and under , 11 and under, 14 and under , 16 and under
Prizes: book tokens for first, second and third places in each category.
In addition (subject to funding) approximately 30 of the best entries will be published in a children's poetry anthology. Free copy of anthology to each winner and their school.
Closing Date: 31st July 2017
1. Competition is only open to children attending school or resident in Essex.
2. School are invited to submit entries from their pupils. Individual entries also welcome.
3. Each poem printed (or written legibly) with its title and the poets age on a single sheet of paper. The poets name must not appear anywhere on this sheet.
4. One copy of each poem must be stapled to a completed application form. A second copy of the poem (photocopy) should be attached by paperclip.
5. Poems must have been composed since July 31st 2016, must be unpublished and must not have won a prize or recommendation in any other competition, nor awaiting judgment in a current competition. Each candidate may submit up to 3 poems.
6. Poems can be about any subject, and in any form, maximum length 32 lines.
7. Competition will be judged by a panel of local poets.
8. The decision of the judges is final, and will not be discussed with candidates or their representatives.
9. Prizes will be presented during the Essex Poetry Festival in Chelmsford in October.
10. List of winning entries will be displayed on the Essex Poetry Festival website, and sent to the local press.
11. Manuscripts will not be returned.
12. Entry forms must be signed by parent/guardian/teacher verifying poem is pupils own work
click here to download entry form (pdf)
For further information/clarification: call Anita Marie Sackett 01245 262020